Get started early to get your boat ready for summer
If you love the water, few things are better than boating season. Summer just wouldn’t be summer without spending those long, hot days on Pewaukee Lake, Big Muskego, etc., cooling off with a lazy dip in the water, dropping a line in hopes of catching a “big one,” or having an action-packed day of waterskiing and tubing.
Boating is not without its share of pre-summer preparation. Without making the preparation a priority, it’s easy to find yourself midway through July still on dry land.
At the Insurance Center of Milwaukee, we want to ensure you are the first one in line at the boat launch this summer, so here are a few tips for being ahead of the game.
- Tune it up. It’s always a good idea to have your boat winterized at the end of each season and make sure to get a full tune-up before you hit the lake this summer.
- Charge it. Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- Clear it out. If there is any gas from last season still in your tank, fill it up with fresh gas as well as a stabilizer; this will prevent buildup in the gas lines and injection system.
- Give it a test. Before you get the boat all the way into the water and off the trailer, lower your motor into the water and make sure it will turn over.
- Plug it up. Ensure your drain plug is in and the bilge pump is functioning properly.
- Double- and triple-check. The last thing you want is to get all the way to the lake and realize you don’t have an updated registration or are missing your life vests. Double check that your documents are updated and that your boat is fully stocked with everything you need.
We at the Insurance Center of Milwaukee wish you a fun-filled and safe boating season!
If you have insurance questions about your boat, please call us at 414-744-6614 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org